Head of Engineering
Divido is a technology platform for retailers, banks and payment companies that want to offer end-consumers the option to pay for anything in monthly instalments, in-store and online. Retailers that offer instant finance at the point of sale attract more customers, increase average order values and increase conversion rates.
Instalment credit is a €500bn global industry and Divido’s clients include brands like BMW, Lenovo and HTC. Last year, company revenue grew by over 450% and Google named the firm one of the ten best tech businesses in Europe. This year, Divido is expanding to the US, Australia, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and the Nordics – making it the largest platform for consumer finance in the world.
Divido is owned by Mastercard and American Express as well as the investors behind businesses like iZettle, TransferWise and Revolut.
About the role:
Reporting to the CTO and working with the other technical Heads, you’ll lead and coordinate the engineering team and their activities, designing and deploying optimal systems, structures, processes to support rapid scaling and delivery. Additionally, you’ll play a wider leadership position.
- You will be help to articulate and deliver a technical roadmap that meets current needs but supports us to scale & grow for the future
- You will support on building & leading a high performing engineering capability for your area, both hiring, growing & retaining great people and instilling great ways of working
- Responsible for the overall software development life-cycle, you must be able to implement strategic planning of the technical development of software, deploying resources appropriately and smoothly.
- soon to be 20+ number of people. As well as managing the day-to-day activities of the teams, you will also be responsible for recruitment, overseeing site/software development projects and ensuring delivery commitments and deadlines are met.
- With ever-changing product developments and consumer requirements, you must also ensure the implementation of agile processes and optimal application of resources. A thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the latest tech is a must.
- Reporting directly to Divido’s CTO, you will work closely with him, the Chief Architect and the Team Leaders to ensure that deliverables meet the overall business requirements and standards, and report on the status of software development, operations, quality and performance
- You will strive for perfection in all engineering disciplines including data processing, quality assurance, application development and data warehousing.
- Shares scheme
- Company & performance bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Awesome colleagues
- Amazing company events
- Unlimited Snacks