Commercial Legal Counsel
Our vision is to build the future of payments and we would like to invite you along on this journey. We're looking for a skilled commercial lawyer to join our legal team.
The brand new Divido office in Camden, designed by Tom Dixon
Divido is backed by the same people that brought you Skype, WorldPay and Transferwise (and is the first UK FinTech company to be valued at $1bn+).
We are a well funded, young and fast growing tech company that allows customers spread the cost of any purchase over a period of time while the retailer gets paid in full, right away. Retailers that start to offer instalments as a payment option increase sales by up to 25%. Divido already works with brand such as BMW, Lenovo and HTC.
We have a great product, and a great team, but don't take our word for it! Check out our reviews:
– Customers: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/divido.com
– Employees: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Divido-Financi...
About the role
You'll be a skilled commercial lawyer, and you'll be helping to scale a dynamic, fast growing FinTech business. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, you'll be advising Divido’s senior management on day-to-day and strategic deals and partnerships, as well as on all aspects of data protection.
You will be responsible for:
- Advising on and drafting a wide range of commercial agreements such as software and service agreements with lenders and merchants, NDAs, partnership agreements with payment services providers, e-commerce platforms and other technology providers, and agreements with key IT and other inbound service providers.
- Advising on data protection, including reviewing and negotiating agreements related to data processing and supporting data privacy processes, policies and issues
- Working on a wide range of other legal projects, both independently and within legal and business teams
- A UK qualified lawyer 5+ PQE, background in commercial law and data protection, ideally both from a law firm as well as in-house
- Experience working within software and/or technology licensing
- Excellent technical drafting skills with the ability to adapt to new commercial business models
- Good understanding of financial regulation from at least one regulated industry
- Good understanding of GDPR and related processes, policies and contractual undertakings
- Ability to provide timely, practical and commercially focused advice
- Ability to prioritise and deal with the demands of a fast-moving start-up
- Team player with the ability to build relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across the business.
- Fluent English - written and oral
- Fruit, snacks tea and coffee at our HQ in Camden
- Awesome company events
- Amazing colleagues
- Flexible working options