Senior Java developer
Want to work with a booming FinTech company?
- Do you want to be part of changing how we pay for goods and services?
- Do you love Java / Go and want to build scalable systems using those?
- Do you want to work and own shares in one of the UK's 100 hottest startups of 2016 (according to Startups.co.uk) and the number one FinTech to watch in 2018?
About the firm:
Divido is a technology platform for retailers, banks and payment companies that want to offer end-consumers the option to pay for anything in monthly instalments, in-store and online. Retailers that offer instant finance at the point of sale attract more customers, increase average order values and increase conversion rates.
Instalment credit is a £350bn global industry and Divido’s clients include brands like BMW, Lenovo and HTC. Last year, company revenue grew by over 450% and Google named the firm one of the ten best tech businesses in Europe. This year, Divido is expanding to the US, Australia, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and the Nordics – making it the largest platform for consumer finance in the world.
Divido is backed by investors behind businesses such as Transferwise, Revolut and Property Partner.
We have a great product, and a great team, but don't take our word for it! Check out our reviews:
From Consumers, via TrustPilot: https://goo.gl/VSwZhL
From Clients, BMW Case Study (Video): https://goo.gl/7x3kmp
From Employees, via Glassdoor: https://goo.gl/X41Ym2
What you will do:
You will lead a team of developers working on two separate systems, one internal finance system and one used by our customers in the "Powered By Divido" product. You will be given lots of responsibility to shape the products and team.
- at least seven years spent working at building server based solutions in Java
- experience leading a team of developers
- experience with Object relational / Object document mapping frameworks (preferably Spring)
- strong knowledge and experience in building resilient, extensible RESTful web services
- expert knowledge in software testing (preferably in Java)
- strong knowledge of database design principles
- an eye for detail
- scrum master experience
- experience using the AWS SDK for Java
- Clean coding
- Java 8
- automated testing using tools such as Junit, Spock and Selenium
- experience with multithreaded applications
- Angular 1
- experience with Continuous Integration
UK based applicants only please. No overseas applicants will be considered
- OTE £80k - £110k depending on experience
- Share options
- An incredible team to work with
- An opportunity to contribute to all areas of the business
- A strong and clear company culture
- Flexible hours
- Pension contribution
- Private healthcare insurance
- Friday Fridge (request anything you want to eat or drink)
- Team events (e.g. football club, running club, and drinks)
- Bring your dog to work
- On-site yoga classes
- Unlimited supply of Swedish sweets